Ditch, Pot Hole, or Street Repairs
Not all streets and right-of-ways are maintained by the Town of Butner. Some are owned and maintained by NC DOT. Issues with Town streets including ditches and pot holes should be reported to Town Hall. You will be contacted by the Director of Public Works upon receipt of your complaint. Problems with streets maintained by NC DOT may be directed to Granville County Maintenance at (919)693-8164. To find out if the problem will be fixed by the State of North Carolina or Town of Butner, please call Town Hall at (919)575-3032.

Tall Grass, Junk Vehicles and Other Nuisances & Violations
The Town has established procedures in order to ensure compliance with the Land Development Ordinance and Municipal Code of Ordinances, obtain corrections for Ordinance violations, and set forth the remedies and penalties that apply to violations of each Ordinance. The provisions are intended to encourage voluntary compliance when possible. Compliance with all procedures, standards and other provisions is required by all persons owning, developing, managing, renting, using, or occupying land or structures within the Town’s jurisdiction (town limits and extra-territorial jurisdiction (ETJ)). 

Violations of the Municipal Code include, but are not limited to, minimum housing standards, abandoned and/or junked vehicles, public nuisances like tall grass and trash accumulation, and abandoned structures. Land Development Ordinance violations include, but are not limited to, permitting, subdivisions and zoning. 

The Town operates on a complaint-basis only. You do not need to give your name to file a complaint. To report a problem or possible violation, please call (919)283-6983 or (919)575-3032.

To report stormwater issues, contact the Stormwater Administrator at (919)575-3031. Erosion caused by stormwater runoff from construction and development activities is a major source of pollution in our local waterways. To report erosion and sediment problems, call the NC Department of Environment  & Natural Resources STOP MUD Hotline at 1-866-STOPMUD (786-7683) if you observe any erosion or sedimentation problems in Butner.

Other Contacts:
NC Stormwater Hotline, toll free, (877)623-6748
Department of Natural Resources, (919)571-4718 and ask to speak with an erosion control officer




Back to top

Network-wide options by YD - Freelance Wordpress Developer